Metrohm High Voltage Indicators HVI F0357A
High Voltage Indicators HVI F0357A are used to indicate the presence of voltage up to 15kV to ensure the safety of maintenance or installation personnel allowing the apparatus to be safely earthed.
The High Voltage Indicator (HVI) uses a proven resistor chain method of measurement. The instrument is designed to indicate the presence of voltage to ensure the safety of maintenance or installation personnel allowing the apparatus to be safely earthed. Voltage up to 15kV AC or DC, on busbars or within switchgear enclosures will be shown by means of neon indicators.
After carrying out a proving test the HVI can be applied to the HV source, and the neon indicators will show whether there is voltage present. The indication will start as low as 200V by means of flashing neon lights which will gradually increase their rate of flash until steady state is reached at 6.35KV (the phase to earth voltage on an 11kV system.
- Verify the presence of voltage in high voltage systems
- Can identify voltages as low as 200V
- Can identify voltages as high as 15kV AC/DC
- Suitable for checking busbars and switchgear enclosures
- Compact – ideal for use in cramped spaces
- High immunity to interference fields
- Proven resistor chain method of measurement
- Safety limits are clearly marked
- Features a handguard with a viewing window
- Supplied with a proving unit
- Proving unit features an automatic battery check
Each complete High Voltage Indicator kit comprises of:
- Indicator complete with earth lead – F0356A
- Proving unit complete with batteries
- Polymer cleaning Kit
- Instruction Manual
- Carry Satchel