Hipot Tester KV5-100 MK2
The KV5-100 MK3 Test System is a general purpose, high voltage test instrument designed for testing insulation systems and the measurement of breakdown voltage on electrical plant and components. The unit has an output voltage adjustable from zero to 5kV with accurate metering on both the output voltage and current. A zero-voltage interlock is provided, ensuring that the output may only be energised with the voltage control at zero.
The output voltage is metered by a large, linear analogue instrument with a dual-scale marking of 0-3kV and 0-6kV. Load current is metered by a second analogue instrument with 0-10 scale marking. Two current ranges are selectable: 0-10mA and 0-100mA.
The test object and output are protected by an adjustable current trip linked to the current metering range. The trip level may be set to 20-120% of the current metering range on 20% steps.
- Continuously variable output voltage 0-5kVAC
- Variable trip circuit
- 12mA and 20-120mA
- Output voltage and current metering
- Visual and audible indication of test piece failure
- Compact lightweight instrument
- Burn feature giving 100mA maximum current on short circuit
- Key operated switch preventing unauthorised operation
- Complies with the testing requirements of BS1363