KV15-80D AC Test System
- The KV15-80D AC Test System is a high voltage general purpose test instrument designed for testing insulation systems and the measurement of breakdown voltage on electrical plant and components.
- The unit has an output voltage variable from zero to 15kV with accurate metering on both the output voltage and current. A zero-voltage interlock is provided, ensuring that the output may only be energised with the voltage control at zero.
- The output voltage and current are metered by large, accurate true RMS digital meters. The meters are backlit and have a digit height of 19mm.
- Test object and output are protected by an adjustable current trip. The trip level may be set to 10-110% of the rated output in 10% steps. Breakdown of the test object is visibly indicated. The unit must be manually reset after a trip condition before testing can be resumed.
- A pre-selectable test timer is provided for timed tests of 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 seconds, 1, 2, 3 or 5 minutes. An alarm sounds when the test time has ended.
- The units feature automatic mains voltage selection and an external 24Vdc interlock circuit for connection of emergency off switches and enclosure interlocks.
- The KV15-80D AC Test System is supplied in a compact, portable case with a permanently connected 2 metre long HV output lead. An ES30 earthing stick is also supplied as standard.